There is no such thing as being ‘too’ prepared! There are roughly 120 days before our Falcons kickoff the 2017 NFL season which leaves plenty of prep time when it comes to perfecting your tailgate menu!
Everyone has their favorite food and beverage preference when it comes to the marathon tailgate! Each week I will be presenting different tailgate recipes that will add a little spice and variety to your life come Sunday!
Early morning tailgates often mean fighting off a mean Saturday night which is exactly why a go to Blood Mary recipe is an absolute must. Clear the fogginess and get back in the game immediately!
- 2 cups tomato juice or vegetable juice cocktail, chilled
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/2-3/4 teaspoon bottled hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt or garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Ice cubes
- Vodka (optional)
- Celery stalks with leaves
- Green onions
- In a pitcher combine tomato juice, lime juice, Worcestershire sauce, horseradish, hot pepper sauce, celery salt, and pepper. Stir well. Pour into ice-filled glasses. If desired, stir in vodka (1 jigger or 3 tablespoons per serving). Garnish each serving with a celery stalk and green onion. Makes 4 (1/2- to 2/3-cup) servings.
- Bloody Maritas: Prepare as above, except add 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin to tomato juice mixture and substitute tequila for the vodka.
- Wasabi Marys: Prepare as above, except substitute 1 teaspoon wasabi paste for the hot pepper sauce.
Servings Per Recipe 4, sat. fat (g) 0, chol. (mg) 0, Fat, total (g) 0, carb. (g) 7, iron (mg) 1, pro. (g) 1, calcium (mg) 20, cal. (kcal) 29, Potassium (mg) 302, sodium (mg) 484, fiber (g) 1
Leave a Reply