Summer break is now upon us! Wether you are visiting Atlanta on vacation or are a local looking for activities to enjoy with your kids, check out this list of top 10 things to do in Atlanta during the summer of 2017. The list has activities for all ages and walks of life but please feel free to add comments and suggestions to make this a summer to remember!
- Suntrust Park – Designed for the ultimate die-hard baseball fan, SunTrust Park includes state-of-the-art features bringing fans a 21st-century ball game experience. Not much of a baseball fan? Not a problem, Suntrust park offers a variety of activities outside of the game. Check the game out and cheer on the Braves, or enjoy beverages on one of the multi level party decks. Get your tickets here
- Atlanta United FC – Come check out the hottest new team in Atlanta. The United FC will be opening the Mercedes-Benz Stadium come August but don’t let that stop you from seeing a game at Bobby Dodd stadium. Get your tickets here
- College Football Hall of Fame – Football season can’t get here soon enough. So while the boys of fall are practicing for the upcoming season come check out the all time greats that helped make the game what is today. Get your tickets here
- Georgia Aquarium – Over 10 million gallons of water and more animals than any aquarium in the world make this a must visit destination. Whale Sharks, Beluga Whales, personal dolphin and penguin encounters, along with swimming a diving options ensures there is something for everyone. Get your tickets here
- LegoLand – Learn alongside master builders to enhance your lego skills, peddle your way to an apprenticeship with Merlin, or fend off evil beings on the Kingdom Quest laser ride. LegoLand has a little something for everyone so make sure to build it into your summer plans. Get your tickets here
- Six Flags – Stay cool in Hurricane Harbor or be a hero on Batman the Ride! Six Flags is the largest theme park in the Southeast featuring 3 kids zones, 11 rollercoasters, multiple water rides, and interactive games that make this a stop full of fun for the entire family. Get your tickets here
- Piedmont Park – Take a break from the hustle and bustle of everyday life! The picturesque park has a little bit of everything. Enjoy taking the dog on a stroll, walk the beautiful botanical gardens, enjoy games in the large landscaped grass, play some tennis, or enjoy the public pools.
- Stone Mountain Park – The most visited attraction in Georgia makes Stone Mountain park a must see. Take in Atlanta’s sights from the peak of the largest piece of exposed granite in the world. Play golf, ride a bike, ride a train, or simply relax! Stone Mountain has a bit of everything but be sure that the laser show is on the itinerary.
- Zoo Atlanta – Come meet Mei Lun and Mei Huan, the only Panda Twins in the United States. Zoo Atlanta houses over 1000 animals from 200 different species and includes the award winning Scaly Slimy Spectacular! Do you really need another reason to visit? Get your tickets here
- Center for Puppetry Arts – If you have kids put this on the list! Since 1978, the Center has introduced millions of visitors to the wonder and art of puppetry, and has touched the lives of many through enchanting performances, curriculum-based workshops and the hands-on Museum, as well as Distance Learning and Outreach Programs. Get your tickets here
Leave a Reply